Monday, March 26, 2012

Letters

Dear 33 year old mothers driving shiny new Mini Vans and Escalades,
You all have a tendency to pass me on the highway,
The highway with 6 miles of construction and bright signs that read a clear "45 MPH"
Maybe your Gucci sunglasses block natural light and the fury in my eyes 
Your nail appointment can wait.


Dear Older Sister,
I asked you to safety pin a small hole in the butt of my pj's,
the bigger hole you intentionally ripped was...special
I can now decipher the room temperature from the large breeze brushing past my legs
Weather Report, 45 degrees with a hint of sibling abuse.


Dear High School
The stereotypes are horribly incorrect,
I've never broken into song and dance in your hallways
and my children will never hear stories about sensitive football jocks who broke my heart.
I haven't changed into a "new person" 
and "the best 4 years" haven't applied yet. 
But, you've been enjoyable. 
I'll always remember those daydreams in math class, 
I'm about to live them.


Dear Car Rides,
Music was made for you.
Sunsets and rolled down windows.
We might feel unstoppable with you,
driving "recklessly" through Alpine neighborhoods..


Dear Future Husband,
Find me at age 24, i'll catch your eye.
I'll be wearing your favorite color and have my hair up in a messy bun.
We'll fall desperately in love but we won't admit it until our 11th date.
You'll propose to me with cheesy inside jokes on top of a mountain,
I'll stare into your sunlit greenish blue eyes..
you always captivated me with those eyes.
Our wedding will be in August
and we'll be happy.
Incandescently happy


Sent and Delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment